Thursday, November 26, 2009

Budweiser Select

Budweiser, the "King of Beers" as they have self proclaimed themselves to be, have their version of a low-calorie beer that boasts only 99 calories per bottle. This beer is known as Budweiser Select, and it aims to maintain the same flavorful experience as a regular Budweieser, but with a fraction of the calories!


Alright, now that the gimmick is out of the way, the fact of the matter is quite simple with this beer: it tastes very much like regular Budweiser, which is exactly what they company set out to accomplish. However, not being much of a fan of Budweiser, this was an unpleasant discovery for me. The beer to me was unoriginal and hence lacked any creativity. This lack of creativity contributed directly to a weird aftertaste that lingers in the back of your throat. At 4.3% alcohol content, this beer wont even get you drunk fast, and that's a damn shame, because flavor this beer does lack, and to add insult to injury, this beer is just as filling as regular Budweiser!


Final Verdict: I will never drink this again, it simply is not the right beer for me, and it lacks way too much in order to ever make it into the maybe pile.

1 comment:

  1. I heartily agree. I bought my first - and last - 12-pack of Budweiser Select last night and was shocked by its flatness and lack of character.
    Never again.

    ReplyDelete