Monday, January 4, 2010

Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat

This is an interesting beer, hands down, no questions asked. I know that a lot of so called "macho men" will be opposed to the notion of a cherry flavored beer, but its really interesting - wish I had another word for this beer though. No, this bottle does not cause you to lose your hearing for several hours, but it does provide a surprisingly amazing taste that is both refreshing, and pleasant to drink. I first tried the beer in a restaurant that was once great and has since sunk to the depths of overpriced mediocrity, but I have to be honest, I have chosen to drink it several times after, and I have to positively comment on the flavor of this beer. I always expect quality from Samuel Adams, one of the few solid beer makers in the country, but I was blown away by the Cherry Wheat, as I admit, I thought it was going to be a horrible experiment resulting in a sub-par product I would immediately hate, but without fail, good ol' Sam Adams came through and delivered yet another quality product.


Final Verdict: Drink this beer! It is a wonderful break from the monotonous taste of regular beers, leads to great beer related "small talk" and can usually influence non-beer drinkers to partake in our thirst quenching pastime. However, it remains best described as "interesting."

No comments:

Post a Comment