Sunday, January 10, 2010

Negra Modelo

Let me tell you a little something about my personal relationship with Negra Modelo , I sometimes find myself thinking about how wonderfully smooth and silky the taste of this wonderful dark-amber colored Mexican import, and how refreshingly versatile this beer can be. Let me drop the Barry White voice and get to the point on this one, I have some left over that require some attention and they wont drink themselves. Negra Modelo is one of my favorite beers, mainly because it has such a smooth taste, yet does not have a bad aftertaste and boasts an solid 5.3% alcohol content. Negra is not for those who like light beers with a lack of taste, but rather for those who enjoy the fine taste of a regular beer that does not compromise taste for the prospect of a cheap gimmick, aimed at increasing sales. In fact, Negra Modelo is not often advertised, not even in Latino communities where the majority of Negra consumers reside, and yet still has solid sales. I liken the advertisement strategy to that of Krispy Kreme, a wonderful product that it so well done, there is no need for paid advertising, just simple word of mouth. Honestly, you simply cannot compete with a quality product.


Final Verdict: Negra Modelo is one of the most popular beers in Mexico, but is often viewed as something older gents drink, or those who want to drink something a little more refined. My take, its meant for those with an appreciation for taste and not for those trying to calculate the number of calories in the beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment