Thursday, November 3, 2011

Samuel Adams Harvest Pumpkin Ale

Pumpkin Ale. Aside from pumpkin pie, I do not often find myself craving pumpkin anything. For those who know me, I absolutely love pumpkin pie, like a enough to beg my coworker to make it for me, buy the ingredients, drive her home, and wait for the pie to be done so I can drive away while giggling madly and dipping my fingers in it. That was a little much to share, but clearly pumpkins are my friend and they have a purpose; PIE! 


So the ale is interesting, the taste is not particularly overwhelming, but the taste of pumpkin is clearly evident in every sip. I guess that would be the point of the beer, but it simply does not work! Trying to keep an open mind here, so I can at least point out that the beer is not very filling, it does have a crisp taste, and for those who love the idea of a pumpkin flavored beer, you wont be disappointed by what Sam Adams has bottled. The carbonation is a little on the heavy side, and the beer has a spicy aroma that tends to linger. You really don't feel as if you are drinking a beer, instead, the ale goes down like a carbonated pumpkin spice concoction that hipster would drink (no offense hipsters).


Final Verdict: Not for me. If you thoroughly enjoy pumpkin flavored beverages and feel like enjoying those flavors with carbonation and alcohol in the mix, then give this a shot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment